Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Generosity Awards



Thank you to my friend Angelika for passing on the above awards to me. Normally only one award is given, but this is a special GENEROSITY award, and so, in addition to the Generosity Award itself, it comes with four other awards. Here are the rules for the Generosity Award:

1) Show generosity towards others in the blogging community by giving a small gift of appreciation. This can be free advertising, a card in the mail, or anything else your imagination takes you.
2) Send this award to at least five others. If you wish to send the award to more then that, feel free to. Generosity has no limits.
3) Link back to the person who sent you this award.
4) Copy the rules as well as the award into your post.
5) Enjoy yourself and have fun!

Although I do not pass on awards to others, I will gladly show my generosity by displaying advertising for eight other bloggers who have in the past themselves been generous to my blog.
These eight will be:

A., Alison, Chica, Debbie, Ettarose, Janet, Lidian and Sheila.

These ads will be kept on my blog for a full 15 minutes each. Kidding. Say... one week each. And instead of just plastering them all in a big lump (my blog format doesn't really have room to display several ads anyway), I will run one advert for a week prominently in my sidebar, and then another the following week. This gives old Max such a warm feeling that he might just make this a permanent feature in his sidebar. Think of it: an ad on this very blog running for a week, which 4 or 5 people who already know you might see. Ok. It's the thought that counts. 

11 comments:

  1. Max, you really are very kind, a lovely way to thank us. It's such a good idea I may even steal it to show my regular visitors my appreciation. As long as they aren't writing in Chinese....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suppose you could open the pub up for me and get some red wine instead?

    anyway, thanks! just when I think it is safe you go and do something sweet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that's a very thoughtful and kind-hearted way to pass on the goodwill. I really do appreciate being included. I think you may be seeing another stealer of ideas here. :) Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Max - much deserved recognition. CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know what you have on the nuck to make him kiss ass.

    I am really not sure about this. I of course will accept with grace(whoever she is) but I hope you are not being a Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think it's quite a lovely thought and I'll be tickled to see my ad when it's my turn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Max, that is a charming and gracious thing to do. And I don't mind accepting with Grace, as she was my dear grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too Lidian, lol!

    Thank you Max, I too am now feeling warm and fuzzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maxamillion shall be your new name hehe. You deserve the stars, whether it's in pixels or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @A. - I hope you do steal it. I think we should all cross pollinate. Or something like that. :)

    @Debbie - Funny you should ask. The pub will reopen later this month. Even worse posts than before are guaranteed. Grand opening party, too. (If you can remember the last one, you weren't drinking enough. :)

    @Sheila - Ummm... I hope you do steal it. I think we should all cross pollinate. Or something like that. :)

    @Canucklehead - Glad you stopped by. It is almost the first anniversary of the Canucklehead Wars. Just warning you to watch your ass. A word to the wise. I mean, a word to the Canucklehead.

    @Ettarose - I have nothing on him. He is just a natural ass-kisser. I am not a Lucy. I am an Angelika. She is the one with the original good idea. :)

    @Janet - Thanks. If you're tickled it won't be by me. Why do you always say things like that in front of Mountain Man? Don't you know he has a chainsaw??

    @Lidian - Aww... Your gran was named Grace? I will be sure to make up an extra special advert for you. :)

    @Alison - Warm and fuzzy in Scotland? Now I've heard everything. I'll take your word for it! :)

    @Lady Sarcasm - Thank you for the fine words. Don't have you on my list though. Only a Chica person. CH!CA. :) Kidding. Huge masses of traffic will be directed to the Lady blog. Be sure and increase your band width. And I need you on my side for the upcoming Canuclehead Wars. You were too young to remember the last one. I won. I will win again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't usually use this acronym, Max, but LOL!!!
    The Mountain Man is not the jealous type. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails