Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Top Ten Photo Captions

Captioning unusual photos is still pretty big across the blogosphere. Two of my favorite bloggers who regularly run photo-captioning contests are Chica and Ettarose.

I am no good at humorously captioning photos. I don't know why, but I can't seem to come up with anything remotely funny for these contests. But I am a pretty good thief. I went through 2 years worth of captions - about 500 or so, and I only found 10 that I thought were funny. These were all stolen from Cracked.com and they appear below in my personal arbitrary order of funniest. The funniest is shown last, at the very bottom. I admit to changing most of the captions at least a little, because they still weren't funny enough. I am good at that - after someone else comes up with the original idea.

Since it is a top-10 list, I guess I am also stealing from David Letterman. If you care. Without further ado, here is my top 10 stolen list of reader-captioned photos.

Number 10:
"Katrina II: Obama doesn't care about white people."

Number 9:
"An awkward silence of the lambs."

Number 8:
"Charlie sensed a pyramid scheme in the making."

Number 7:
"Takethepicturetakethepicturetakethepicture."

Number 6:
"Never pop wheelies if your passenger has narcolepsy."

Number 5:
"Not thinking his 3 wishes through, Ed asked the Genie to give him a dick that reached the ground."

Number 4:
"Michael Jackson petting zoo."

Number 3:
"Ned began to suspect the auto companies were wasting their bailout money."

Number 2:
"Winner of the best costume contest: The Invisible Woman (center)."

And the number one captioned photo:
"Lesbian about to get nailed."

6 comments:

  1. My personal favourite is number 4... perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you've started a new collection? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!

    No, I've never been good at captioning either... I don't know how some people come up with those, it's genius. Either that or I'm really dumb. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say you changed the captions a little. How can you think you are not good at this? I think you try to hard. Sometimes just looking at a picture an idea just pops in your head. Other times nothing at all comes to mind. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like #6 the best, although #10 got a chuckle. Number 4 was just wrong...in a funny way, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost giggled. So your getting better. ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails